Join Chris Brown,
yoga instructor and host of the online radio show Practically Conscious for a weekend of power yoga, yin yoga, meditation, and personal transformation.
The workshop is a 10 hour, 4 class immersion in yoga designed to deepen your yoga practice. Everyone is welcome as long as there is room, and no prior experience is needed. We will not only practice strengthening and stretching our bodies, but more importantly, we will work on the qualities of mind that actually have the largest impact on our health and wellbeing.
We cover these topics and more in the workshop:
- The ultimate purpose of yoga- discovering a healthy body, mind, and spirit.How our body is unique at a structural level, and how this impacts our physical practice.
- Practicing awareness in order to cultivate a beneficial mindset for yoga and life.
- Increasing acceptance, presence, patience, focus, gentleness, and gratitude.
- Decreasing judgmentalism, competitiveness, distraction, and self criticism.
- Discovering comfort in the poses and in life.
This workshop is a personal sharing of Chris’ yoga style and philosophy with you. It is designed to provide an environment where your own unique understanding and perspective of yoga emerge out of direct experience and interaction with Chris.
Workshop Schedule Feb 27 – March 1, 2015:
Friday Evening 6pm – 9pm: Course overview and physical practice.
Saturday Morning 9:30am – 12noon: Physical practice and meditation.
Saturday Afternoon 1pm – 3:30pm: Discussion and physical practice.
Sunday Morning 9:30am – 12noon: Physical practice, meditation, and wrap-up
Studio for the Healing Arts
1611-D Colley Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23517
Don’t forget to bring:
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle
And remember, the physical practice is designed so that everyone can participate at the level that works for them personally, so don’t be intimidated. The priority will be to find inner peace and finish the weekend feeling great!